Monday, July 9, 2012

Post for the month of July, of hotness, of spark, of waiting

My non-existent readers, how is your summer? Did the fireworks cause ripples in your realities, diminish your hearing, or just spook your dog? Answers.

I love answers just as much as I love questions, comments, sentences, fragments, and exclamations. The best answers are those I get for myself, the ones I receive in the most frustrating manner. I can see them floating in baskets in the river of my consciousness, a slow lazy river with several interspersed reeds and rocks that inhibit the path of my answer-baskets, but all of it is worth the wait because just as I open the basket an epiphany springs free and I can smile again. This time though, I have no baskets waiting to travel down my river, I have no inspiration, I have no passion.

I mentioned this earlier: my laziness. I am lazy. I am boring, or at least I feel so. Romance is nil, and excitement is weary. I'm waiting for something to live for, something that'll make me jump up and run in circles like small child with a pinwheel. Still, I have nothing.

What is your advice to a girl in a restrictive society, where success if valued above anything, where everything is metered to supposed perfection and not one has the right to complain? What is your advice to a girl who wants to travel in a hot air balloon to the far reaches of the Sahara only to find herself smacking the crusty desert poster on her wall? What is your advice to a girl who no longer knows where to turn?

Answers. Please.

I am locked in a box with a boulder planted firmly on a lid, and the key dangling on a branch overhead.

Update: Kitty and I have received our AP scores. I got a 3 (passing) on my AP Physics test and a 5 (the highest score) on my AP Spanish test (what is so sad about this is that I had to force myself to scream with joy, what more of a sign of repression). Kitty received a 5 on her AP Physics. So a huge congratulations to my darling!

Summer is a beautiful season. I have passed mine with an internship at UCSC caring for krill, traveling to LA and Yosemite, swimming in every body of water possible from ocean to lake to river to stream to pool, meeting with friends, forcing smiles, anticipating a trip to New Mexico, and wishing that some inspiration would come to my mind. Kitty has been on her plane, with family, and awaiting a trip to the East Coast with more planes. MauMau drinks Peet's daily, and holds hands with her sweet treat.

Loves to all and hope for the hopeless,

Mira


No comments:

Post a Comment