So. Goodbye 2011, hello 2012! (Don't worry, I'll be writing "11" as the date for months. I was just getting used to writing that instead of "10" when midnight came. Always trapped in the past, that's me.) But, to celebrate the new year, and since it's 2012, I have 12 resolutions to share that maybe (hopefully) will get me writing the right date for once (and no, that's not one of my resolutions. But it should be). Ready?
1. Go biking more often with my best friend Mira! We went for a ride today and it was not at all long enough. Okay, Mira, you slowpoke, I realize that 9.35 miles was probably a lot for you - but hey, I'm the girl who participates in 40-50 miles races here. Cut me some slack. We're going riding again, and SOON, and for a longer distance. And you'll go faster! :P
2. Stop procrastinating. Right now I have a speech I need to write, 38 review problems for my AP physics final, a few trig problems, Spanish studying, and luckily no history or band homework. And school starts back up again in two days. I seriously need to stop waiting until the last minute. (And yet here I am, writing this blog post. Just a typical day in the life of me.)
3. Finish a novel. I think I've finished two novels in my entire life. One of them was for school and was really too short to count as a novel, and the other is a sucky thing I wrote over a summer a few years back. Edit: Finish a novel I actually like and put a lot of effort into.
4. Write a song. Songs and me do NOT go well together. I can't rhyme or write songs, and you know that lovely singing voice you're sure I have, Mira? That one? The one that doesn't exist? Yeah. Enough said.
5. Bike 2-3 times a week during racing season. This one probably isn't going to happen, since I have to spend so much time on homework (coughcoughhonorsEnglishandAPphysicscoughcough) but I need the training to do well in races this year, so I'll try my best.
6. Finish every race I start this year. This is going to be hard, since my racing age is 17 now (even though I'm just 16) and my longest race is something like 50+ miles. Resolution #5 is definitely going to be necessary for this one to happen.
7. Get over the guy I've liked for... gosh, 4 and a half years now. So not cool. I think I'm almost over him (finally!) but I won't know for sure until I go back to school, and maybe not even then. If you want more details, ask for the link to a story I've written about him. No names, but hey, I don't think it's all that bad of a story.
8. Start liking a new guy. See above resolution. Maybe this will help me get over my crush of way too many years.
9. Go out with above mentioned new guy. Or at least, go out with someone I like. Preferably on a double date with my BFF Mira and the boyfriend I know she'll get this year, too!
10. Survive marching season. This includes convincing Mira to join marching band! I know this doesn't start until August but, hey. I'm clarinet section leader and I need to start preparing right now because it looks like there will be at least 10 people in my section. My band only has 40-50 people! This should be fun. And if I survive this, I'll definitely be prepared for the apocalypse.
11. Send Mira a video of me singing. Maybe. If she's lucky. Remember resolution #4? I physically can't sing. But, Mira, it's your ears that'll die, not mine. So there is a very, very slim chance of me doing this. Very slim. But possible. Barely.
12. Post on this blog every week. I'm so bad at keeping up with stuff like this, so I'm probably going to have to write a reminder on my hand in Sharpie or stick Post-Its to my face or something. Or just let Mira remind me every day in trig or on Facebook. Yeah. Probably the last one.
So that would be my brilliant list of 2012 resolutions. What are yours?
~Kitty
P.S. My resolutions are waaaay better than Mira's. Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment